Early morning house fire displaces residents, causes thousands in damages

ABILENE, Texas - A fire broke out in a home early Wednesday morning, displacing the residents and causing $10,000 in damages.

Authorities received a call at 6:30 a.m. about a fire at a home in the 1800 block of North 10th Street.

Abilene firefighters found the fire in the ceiling and attic above the kitchen of the house.

Investigators said it began in an electrical box above a ceiling fan.

All three people living in the house were able to get out before the Abilene Fire Department arrived.

Recent Headlines

Local Mugshots

Local News -