Early voting started Monday for the May 11 elections. Citizens have until May 7 to vote early.
Taylor County Elections officials tell KTXS that first day totals are up from last election: 174 ballots were cast Monday. That's up considerably from the last election in 2011 when only 121 people came out to vote early.
In Abilene, voters can cast ballots early for Abilene city council and Wylie ISD elections.
You can go to the Taylor County Plaza Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Books A Million at the Mall of Abilene and the K-mart at 4565 South 1st Street will also offer early voting Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting