ABILENE, Texas - People held a "Party for the Planet" on Saturday at the Abilene Zoo.
This was the zoo's 8th annual "Earth Day." Display tables were set up in the pavilion for visitors to gather information. Kids made projects that showed the history of animals in the zoo. They also showed people safe ways to take care of the environment.
Some tables also gave out candy to kids who answered trivia questions correctly.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated