ABILENE, Texas - People held a "Party for the Planet" on Saturday at the Abilene Zoo.
This was the zoo's 8th annual "Earth Day." Display tables were set up in the pavilion for visitors to gather information. Kids made projects that showed the history of animals in the zoo. They also showed people safe ways to take care of the environment.
Some tables also gave out candy to kids who answered trivia questions correctly.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't