ABILENE, Texas - There's no solid leads right now in the vandalism investigation at Merriman Cemetery near Ranger. That's according to the Eastland County Sheriff's Department.
Investigators say they've received a handful of calls, but there's not a lot of movement in the case. Merriman Cemetery has about $10,000 in damage right now after it was vandalized the last week of June.
The Merriman Cemetery Association has also set up an account at First Financial Bank for donations to help with the costs. Those who would like to donate can go to any First Financial Bank and contribute to the "Merriman Cemetery Fund Special Account." According to the association, First Financial did make the first contribution, but would not disclose the amount donated.
If you do have any information in the case, you're urged to call CrimeStoppers at 800-300-3847
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police