ABILENE, Texas - There's no solid leads right now in the vandalism investigation at Merriman Cemetery near Ranger. That's according to the Eastland County Sheriff's Department.
Investigators say they've received a handful of calls, but there's not a lot of movement in the case. Merriman Cemetery has about $10,000 in damage right now after it was vandalized the last week of June.
The Merriman Cemetery Association has also set up an account at First Financial Bank for donations to help with the costs. Those who would like to donate can go to any First Financial Bank and contribute to the "Merriman Cemetery Fund Special Account." According to the association, First Financial did make the first contribution, but would not disclose the amount donated.
If you do have any information in the case, you're urged to call CrimeStoppers at 800-300-3847
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson