ABILENE, Texas - A 74-year-old engineer has filed to run for Place 5 on the Abilene City Council.
Charles Zollars, an Abilene resident for 39 years, will be vying for a post currently held by Councilman Stormy Higgins, who has chosen not to seek re-election.
Abilene businessman Kyle McAlister recently filed to also run for the seat.
In the race for Place 6, incumbent Kellie Miller has drawn a challenge from Steve Savage, owner of Stinky Steve's Septic.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck