ABILENE, Texas - With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Kyle McAlister captured the battle for Abilene City Council's Place 5, while incumbent Kellie Miller will be in a runoff with Steve Savage for the city council's Place 6 slot.
In the Place 5 race, McAlister captured 2,183 votes – or 64 percent – and defeated Charles Zollers, who had 1,251 votes, or 36 percent, according to complete but unofficial returns
In the Place 6, race, Miller garnered 1,533 – or 44 percent – of the votes, while Savage has 1,495 votes, or 43 percent. Lupe Chavez had 478 votes, or 14 percent.
No date has been set yet for the runoff.
Meanwhile, with 100 of precincts reporting in the battle for Wylie School Board's Place 1, Alice Church captured 362 – or 62 percent – of the votes, while Jason Conley received 226 votes, or 38 percent.
Go HERE for complete Big Country results.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated