ABILENE, Texas - Abilene firefighters had to brave the icy conditions to combat a house fire in the 400 block of Sammons Street Saturday night.
Firefighters arrived on scene around 10:15 p.m. and spent approximately 20 minutes battling the blaze.
The homeowner and his pets were able to make it out of the home safely. The American Red Cross helped him find a place to stay overnight.
Firefighters tell KTXS the fire started in the attic and was the result of an electric problem.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated