BUFFALO GAP, Texas - The Camp Barkeley fire that sparked on Sunday afternoon has come uncomfortably close to Buffalo Gap where homes and schools reside.
Principal Christi Doty of Buffalo Gap Elementary said in the case of a fire evacuation, the students would walk to the Buffalo Gap Church of Christ, which is about a block away from the school.
If the fire was too close and the students needed more distance, Doty said the 240 students would be transported to Tuscola by Jim Ned High School.
As of Tuesday afternoon the fire had not posed a threat or danger to the school.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana