BUFFALO GAP, Texas - The Camp Barkeley fire that sparked on Sunday afternoon has come uncomfortably close to Buffalo Gap where homes and schools reside.
Principal Christi Doty of Buffalo Gap Elementary said in the case of a fire evacuation, the students would walk to the Buffalo Gap Church of Christ, which is about a block away from the school.
If the fire was too close and the students needed more distance, Doty said the 240 students would be transported to Tuscola by Jim Ned High School.
As of Tuesday afternoon the fire had not posed a threat or danger to the school.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated