BUFFALO GAP, Texas - The Camp Barkeley fire that sparked on Sunday afternoon has come uncomfortably close to Buffalo Gap where homes and schools reside.
Principal Christi Doty of Buffalo Gap Elementary said in the case of a fire evacuation, the students would walk to the Buffalo Gap Church of Christ, which is about a block away from the school.
If the fire was too close and the students needed more distance, Doty said the 240 students would be transported to Tuscola by Jim Ned High School.
As of Tuesday afternoon the fire had not posed a threat or danger to the school.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen