ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man has accepted a plea agreement that calls for him to spend 22 years in prison for sexually assaulting a child under the age of 14.
Police say Steven Bennett, who agreed to the jail time, assaulted the victim multiple times over several months in late 2011.
Bennett was a Dyess Air Force Base crew chief when police searched his home and found evidence linking him to the crime in March 2013.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs