ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man has accepted a plea agreement that calls for him to spend 22 years in prison for sexually assaulting a child under the age of 14.
Police say Steven Bennett, who agreed to the jail time, assaulted the victim multiple times over several months in late 2011.
Bennett was a Dyess Air Force Base crew chief when police searched his home and found evidence linking him to the crime in March 2013.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances