ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man has accepted a plea agreement that calls for him to spend 22 years in prison for sexually assaulting a child under the age of 14.
Police say Steven Bennett, who agreed to the jail time, assaulted the victim multiple times over several months in late 2011.
Bennett was a Dyess Air Force Base crew chief when police searched his home and found evidence linking him to the crime in March 2013.
- Updated Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- Updated Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Judge blocks Texas cutting Medicaid to Planned Parenthood