From the city of Abilene:
Beginning Tuesday (May 7), the city's Environmental Recycling Center (ERC) will expand its weekday hours of operation.
The new operating hours are:
*- Sunday: Closed
*- Monday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
*- Tuesday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
*- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
"The new hours will allow citizens to take advantage of longer summer daylight hours," said ERC Manager, Bob Ervin. In addition to the longer hours, only #1 & #2 plastic will be accepted at the ERC and drop-off site locations. This change is a result of decisions by recycling manufacturers that are no longer purchasing #3 through #7 plastic or plastic bags.
Water bottles are an example of #1 plastic and milk jugs are an example of #2 plastic.
For more information about ERC programs and services, visit http://www.abilenetx.com/SolidWasteServices/recycle.htm or call the ERC at 325-672-2209. The ERC is located at 2209 Oak St.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer