ABILENE, Texas - October is one of the wettest months of the year for our region and over the weekend, some cities found out why.
Abilene saw 0.40 inches of rain while Brownwood picked up 1.84 inches.
Storms remained stationary for hours over Snyder and Sweetwater, bringing 1.30 inches and 1.27 inches, respectively.
Sterling City's rainfall topped the board with 2.66 inches.
Stronger cold fronts and deeper moisture from the Pacific Ocean are just a few reasons why the showers increase during this month.
Showers have been hit or miss over the last few days but rain chances are still in the forecast for the next few days.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies