ABILENE, Texas - The Sons of Confederate Veterans hosted a memorial service for a fallen soldier Saturday.
They honored Pvt. Robert Hilmon Hartline who died in 1914. They said Hartline, like so many others, was never properly laid to rest--some never even received a tombstone.
The dedication service was held at the Drummond Cemetary in View. The group hopes to hold future memorials for fallen soldiers.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen