ABILENE, Texas - The Sons of Confederate Veterans hosted a memorial service for a fallen soldier Saturday.
They honored Pvt. Robert Hilmon Hartline who died in 1914. They said Hartline, like so many others, was never properly laid to rest--some never even received a tombstone.
The dedication service was held at the Drummond Cemetary in View. The group hopes to hold future memorials for fallen soldiers.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'
- Updated Hundreds in Abilene run 5K race to support law enforcement