ABILENE, Texas - The Sons of Confederate Veterans hosted a memorial service for a fallen soldier Saturday.
They honored Pvt. Robert Hilmon Hartline who died in 1914. They said Hartline, like so many others, was never properly laid to rest--some never even received a tombstone.
The dedication service was held at the Drummond Cemetary in View. The group hopes to hold future memorials for fallen soldiers.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring