ABILENE, Texas - St. John's Episcopal School celebrated pets by conducting a "Blessing of the Animals" Tuesday morning.
Parents, children, and their pets attended the blessing on the front lawn of the school. There were dogs, cats, hamsters, stuffed animals, and even some crabs in attendance. The blessing was held in observance of St. Francis Day.
The Rev. David Romanik and Deacon Amanda of the Church of the Heavenly Rest, Episcopal presided over the Blessing of the Animals. Children who didn't have pets were allowed to bring their stuffed animal for the blessing.
Items and money raised during the event were presented to Rescue The Animals.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family