ABILENE, Texas - Sunday was a beautiful day in Abilene to celebrate Mother's Day.
Some families took their mothers to brunch at the MCM Elegante Mother's Day brunch. The hotel had a special menu for moms to enjoy, including a meat carving station and delectable desserts.
KTXS talked to moms and children about what the special day means to them.
D.K. Robinett recalled memories with his mother.
"Every day there are things that I wish I had said but she knew they she was very loved by me and my five brothers and one sister," Robinett said.
"It's a very happy day," Deborah McCann said. "I have two children and I love them dearly and it's just a nice day."
"They just pour out love on you. You know they just want to go above and beyond to show their appreciation," April Obosky, a mother, said.
Mary Jean Jones, who is a new mother, remembered celebrating Mother's Day with her own mother.
"We would all go to my grandmother's house [with] my mother and all the relatives and we would eat and eat and eat," Jones said. "It was a great time."
"I couldn't have children and Leann is adopted, so it just means the world to me," Ann Mayhall said. "She and her husband invited me out to eat so it's special. I just love it."
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash