ABILENE, Texas - Sunday was a beautiful day in Abilene to celebrate Mother's Day.
Some families took their mothers to brunch at the MCM Elegante Mother's Day brunch. The hotel had a special menu for moms to enjoy, including a meat carving station and delectable desserts.
KTXS talked to moms and children about what the special day means to them.
D.K. Robinett recalled memories with his mother.
"Every day there are things that I wish I had said but she knew they she was very loved by me and my five brothers and one sister," Robinett said.
"It's a very happy day," Deborah McCann said. "I have two children and I love them dearly and it's just a nice day."
"They just pour out love on you. You know they just want to go above and beyond to show their appreciation," April Obosky, a mother, said.
Mary Jean Jones, who is a new mother, remembered celebrating Mother's Day with her own mother.
"We would all go to my grandmother's house [with] my mother and all the relatives and we would eat and eat and eat," Jones said. "It was a great time."
"I couldn't have children and Leann is adopted, so it just means the world to me," Ann Mayhall said. "She and her husband invited me out to eat so it's special. I just love it."
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans