ABILENE, Texas - There's good news for a woman in the Big Country whose family was previously unaccounted for in the Philippines.
Justine Benz hadn't been able to contact her uncle, Thomas Malick, and his family after the super typhoon hit the islands.
According to Benz, a Facebook post from a neighbor of the Malick's indicated the family was okay. The neighbor witnessed Malick's children playing in the front yard and noted their house was in good condition.
There are still many unaccounted for in the Philippines and relief efforts continue.
For how you can help, click here.
- Updated Shot Brownwood man considered brain dead, suspect could face upgraded charges
- Police: Ohio mom killed 2 kids to save them from evil in world
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Texas woman slain as boyfriend shoots at another man
- Official: Storm triggered sensor that halted new Six Flags roller coaster
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent says school will be open next year
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks