ABILENE, Texas - There's good news for a woman in the Big Country whose family was previously unaccounted for in the Philippines.
Justine Benz hadn't been able to contact her uncle, Thomas Malick, and his family after the super typhoon hit the islands.
According to Benz, a Facebook post from a neighbor of the Malick's indicated the family was okay. The neighbor witnessed Malick's children playing in the front yard and noted their house was in good condition.
There are still many unaccounted for in the Philippines and relief efforts continue.
For how you can help, click here.
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Gang member on Texas 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught