ABILENE, Texas - There's good news for a woman in the Big Country whose family was previously unaccounted for in the Philippines.
Justine Benz hadn't been able to contact her uncle, Thomas Malick, and his family after the super typhoon hit the islands.
According to Benz, a Facebook post from a neighbor of the Malick's indicated the family was okay. The neighbor witnessed Malick's children playing in the front yard and noted their house was in good condition.
There are still many unaccounted for in the Philippines and relief efforts continue.
For how you can help, click here.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend