ABILENE, Texas - Were Abilene drivers more careful? Were fewer cars on the road? Whatever the reason, fewer accidents were recorded early Friday than in recent ice days.
According to Chief of Police Stan Standridge, the Abilene Police Department was called out 141 times Friday between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. But, only 19 of those calls were traffic accidents.
Standridge says only one accident involved injuries. Their conditions are not known.
This may be good news for Friday, but with extremely cold temperatures lingering through the weekend, drivers are encouraged to avoid driving at all if possible while road conditions remain poor.
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week