ABILENE, Texas - Even during the winter, the fight for a water park in Abilene is not over.
A paper petition has started.
KTXS News first noticed the petition at Heff's Burgers off of Rebecca Lane. There are more than ten pages of signatures.
Over the summer KTXS first reported on a Facebook petition, started by Abilene citizens who want a water park in the city.
A local investor, Kenneth Musgrave, initially showed interest in the project. However, he asked people who were interested to contribute five or ten dollars into an account towards the park, when not enough people did, he backed out.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth