ABILENE, Texas - Even during the winter, the fight for a water park in Abilene is not over.
A paper petition has started.
KTXS News first noticed the petition at Heff's Burgers off of Rebecca Lane. There are more than ten pages of signatures.
Over the summer KTXS first reported on a Facebook petition, started by Abilene citizens who want a water park in the city.
A local investor, Kenneth Musgrave, initially showed interest in the project. However, he asked people who were interested to contribute five or ten dollars into an account towards the park, when not enough people did, he backed out.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season