ABILENE, Texas - Abilene fire investigators are looking into the cause of a garage fire behind a vacant home in north Abilene. The fourth fire at the house since Oct. 4.
Just before 4 p.m. Monday, firefighters arrived on the scene of the fire in the 2800 block of Simmons Ave.
The fire destroyed a detached garage. The house was not involved and there are no utilities to either building.
Police are asking neighbors to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity in that area.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash