ABILENE, Texas - A fire damaged a home in the 700 block of Victoria St. in Abilene on Christmas evening.
Abilene firefighters responded to the call at around 8 p.m. Wednesday. When they arrived, fire could be seen coming from the roof of the house.
Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
No one was home at the time of the fire. There were no reported injuries.
Investigators believe the fire began when a damaged vent pipe from a wooden stove caught the wood roof structure on fire.
Damages are estimated to be around $25,000.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking