ABILENE, Texas - A fire damaged a home in the 700 block of Victoria St. in Abilene on Christmas evening.
Abilene firefighters responded to the call at around 8 p.m. Wednesday. When they arrived, fire could be seen coming from the roof of the house.
Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about 20 minutes.
No one was home at the time of the fire. There were no reported injuries.
Investigators believe the fire began when a damaged vent pipe from a wooden stove caught the wood roof structure on fire.
Damages are estimated to be around $25,000.
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Circus acrobats tie the knot on tightrope during Texas show
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor