ABILENE, Texas - Fire department officials held a reception Thursday honoring 10 firemen who were promoted and one who is retiring.
The room was filled as firefighters were recognized by Chief Ken Dozier and then applauded for their service.
During a special ceremony Mark Bland, Jon-Michael Brown, Ernie Locke, Justin Tiemann and Jeff Triano were promoted to the rank of Lieutenant.
Eddy Harris and Marty Sanders were promoted to Captain.
Russell Pope was promoted to battalion chief.
Larry Bell and Weldon Wilkerson were promoted to deputy chief.
After spending 33 years on the Abilene Fire Department, James O. Frazier retired from the department.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash