ABILENE, Texas - A fire destroyed an Abilene man's Jeanette Street home Saturday morning.
A total of eight fire department units reported to the scene to fight the fire around 9:45 a.m. Saturday. It took firefighters nearly 20 minutes to fully extinguish the flames.
Firefighters said the cause of the fire was a cigarette that had not been properly disposed of.
The homeowner sustained minor injuries.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase