ABILENE, Texas - One person is temporarily without a home after a fire broke out at an apartment complex Sunday afternoon.
The Abilene Fire Department said reports came in of smoke at the Cimarron Apartment Complex located in the 500 block of Judge Ely Boulevard.
Due to the high number of people being threatened by fire and smoke, residents were evacuated from the building.
AFD said the fire was extinguished within the first few minutes, but it took almost 30 minutes to vent the smoke from the building.
Fire damage was limited to a portion of one wall in the living room area of one apartment.
The occupant of the apartment where the fire started was not home at the time. There were no reports of injuries.
Investigators said the fire began near a living room wall near a utility chase, but the exact cause is still unknown.
Damage is estimated at $5,000.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth