ABILENE, Texas - Firefighters spent more than one hour trying to control a fire that ravaged an Abilene home early Saturday morning.
The home was located in the 220 block of Merchant street, about a block behind the Abilene Fire Department. Firefighters were called to the scene around 3:30 a.m.
Smoke and flames were visible at the back of the home when firefighters arrived, but the fire quickly spread as they fought it.
All occupants were unharmed. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Updated 'Eerily similar' earthquake hit Italian region in 2009
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire