ABILENE, Texas - Firefighter hopefuls took part in some physical fitness tests this morning.
The very first test challenged their courage and strength.
They were asked to climb a 70-foot ladder
Potential firefighters had to wear 50 pound training weights throughout the obstacle course.
Activities included turning on and off a fire hydrant and dragging a heavy fire hose.
Participants were allowed seven minutes and thirty seconds to complete the course.
Failure of any part of the test disqualified them from beginning the hiring process with the Abilene Fire Department.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck