ABILENE, Texas - Firefighter hopefuls took part in some physical fitness tests this morning.
The very first test challenged their courage and strength.
They were asked to climb a 70-foot ladder
Potential firefighters had to wear 50 pound training weights throughout the obstacle course.
Activities included turning on and off a fire hydrant and dragging a heavy fire hose.
Participants were allowed seven minutes and thirty seconds to complete the course.
Failure of any part of the test disqualified them from beginning the hiring process with the Abilene Fire Department.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident