ABILENE, Texas - Firefighter hopefuls took part in some physical fitness tests this morning.
The very first test challenged their courage and strength.
They were asked to climb a 70-foot ladder
Potential firefighters had to wear 50 pound training weights throughout the obstacle course.
Activities included turning on and off a fire hydrant and dragging a heavy fire hose.
Participants were allowed seven minutes and thirty seconds to complete the course.
Failure of any part of the test disqualified them from beginning the hiring process with the Abilene Fire Department.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth