ABILENE, TX - One of Abilene's pioneers was honored Tuesday morning.
Hardin-Simmons alum Virginia Connally turned 100 years old Tuesday. She is the city's first female doctor.
The festivities kicked off in the Connally Mission Center, named for her. Friends, community members and students celebrated Ms. Connally and her life's work.
She recalled her early years as a doctor saying, "My colleagues have all been good. It's been a happy place to live and practice."
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her