ABILENE, TX - One of Abilene's pioneers was honored Tuesday morning.
Hardin-Simmons alum Virginia Connally turned 100 years old Tuesday. She is the city's first female doctor.
The festivities kicked off in the Connally Mission Center, named for her. Friends, community members and students celebrated Ms. Connally and her life's work.
She recalled her early years as a doctor saying, "My colleagues have all been good. It's been a happy place to live and practice."
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide