ABILENE, Texas - Abilene-based First Financial Bank announced plans this week to grow into southeast Texas.
First Financial has entered into an agreement to buy Orange Savings Bank for about $56 million.
That would grow First Financial, and give them a foothold in Orange, Port Arthur, and three other cities east of Houston.
The purchase still needs government regulatory approval, along with approval from stockholders.
Company officials hope to finalize the agreement by late spring or early summer.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend