ABILENE, Texas - Abilene-based First Financial Bank announced plans this week to grow into southeast Texas.
First Financial has entered into an agreement to buy Orange Savings Bank for about $56 million.
That would grow First Financial, and give them a foothold in Orange, Port Arthur, and three other cities east of Houston.
The purchase still needs government regulatory approval, along with approval from stockholders.
Company officials hope to finalize the agreement by late spring or early summer.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated