ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Education Foundation provided first-year teachers with a GIFT or "giving incentives for first-time teachers" grant Thursday morning.
Approximately 35 teachers received a check for $150 to help offset the cost of setting up their new classrooms.
This was the 6th year that the Abilene Education Foundation has helped teachers in Abilene ISD.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen