ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Education Foundation provided first-year teachers with a GIFT or "giving incentives for first-time teachers" grant Thursday morning.
Approximately 35 teachers received a check for $150 to help offset the cost of setting up their new classrooms.
This was the 6th year that the Abilene Education Foundation has helped teachers in Abilene ISD.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking