Five people, including a baby, were taken to an Abilene hospital Wednesday after a house fire in the 1700 block of Jeffries Street.
According to Abilene fire officials, the west side of the house was engulfed in flames when they arrived about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Everyone in the house got out safely, but were brought to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries, including smoke inhalation and cuts from shattered windows.
While the blaze was quickly extinguished, the home and a vehicle are considered a total loss, an Abilene Fire Department news release said.
"It has been determined by investigators that it was accidental electrical in nature," the release said.
A fire official told KTXS two more smaller fires were started earlier that night, including a trash can by Craig Middle School and a chair in the middle of Mockingbird Lane. No word on if those two are related.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated