ABILENE, Texas - While our area isn't quite as hard hit as other parts of the country, the flu is still keeping doctors and hospitals busy.
Abilene Regional Medical Center continues to see a high number of patients in the emergency room.
Some end up having Norovirus (a stomach infection) , a respiratory infection, or other ailments.
44 cases have been confirmed since the January first at Abilene Regional Medical Center.
As for Hendrick Medical Center, they saw 119 cases in December, that's compared to no confirmed cases in December of 2011.
Since the new year, Hendrick has had 74 confirmed cases.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated