ABILENE, Texas - While our area isn't quite as hard hit as other parts of the country, the flu is still keeping doctors and hospitals busy.
Abilene Regional Medical Center continues to see a high number of patients in the emergency room.
Some end up having Norovirus (a stomach infection) , a respiratory infection, or other ailments.
44 cases have been confirmed since the January first at Abilene Regional Medical Center.
As for Hendrick Medical Center, they saw 119 cases in December, that's compared to no confirmed cases in December of 2011.
Since the new year, Hendrick has had 74 confirmed cases.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget