ABILENE, Texas - A wanted Abilene man led police on a foot chase Tuesday afternoon before he was finally captured.
Police say they were looking for 19-year-old Tyrus Nicholas Hart before the chase started shortly after 4 p.m.
Hart was a suspect in a house burglary and was also wanted on a parole violation. Police first contacted Hart at a home on Luzon Street but he ran from them.
After about 15 minutes Hart was finally caught in the 1300 block of T & P Lane.
Hart is in the Taylor County Jail. He is charged with evading arrest detention.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend