ABILENE, Texas - A wanted Abilene man led police on a foot chase Tuesday afternoon before he was finally captured.
Police say they were looking for 19-year-old Tyrus Nicholas Hart before the chase started shortly after 4 p.m.
Hart was a suspect in a house burglary and was also wanted on a parole violation. Police first contacted Hart at a home on Luzon Street but he ran from them.
After about 15 minutes Hart was finally caught in the 1300 block of T & P Lane.
Hart is in the Taylor County Jail. He is charged with evading arrest detention.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range