ABILENE, Texas - Abilene is listed as one of the 25 best places to retire in 2014, according to Forbes magazine's website.
A tweet from Forbes' Twitter account on Thursday said: "Abilene, TX leads our list of the 25 best places to retire in 2014."
CLICK HERE to link to the Forbes' article.
Information in the article about Abilene included:
"Abilene, TX - Trivia: Founded as a railroad shipping town for cattle. Pros: Robust economy, warm climate, cost of living 13% below national average, average home price $139,000 (national average: $207,000). Con: Not very walkable."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated