ABILENE, Texas - Abilene is listed as one of the 25 best places to retire in 2014, according to Forbes magazine's website.
A tweet from Forbes' Twitter account on Thursday said: "Abilene, TX leads our list of the 25 best places to retire in 2014."
CLICK HERE to link to the Forbes' article.
Information in the article about Abilene included:
"Abilene, TX - Trivia: Founded as a railroad shipping town for cattle. Pros: Robust economy, warm climate, cost of living 13% below national average, average home price $139,000 (national average: $207,000). Con: Not very walkable."
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants
- Updated Cash Saver renovating property for new Abilene location