ABILENE, Texas - Abilene is listed as one of the 25 best places to retire in 2014, according to Forbes magazine's website.
A tweet from Forbes' Twitter account on Thursday said: "Abilene, TX leads our list of the 25 best places to retire in 2014."
CLICK HERE to link to the Forbes' article.
Information in the article about Abilene included:
"Abilene, TX - Trivia: Founded as a railroad shipping town for cattle. Pros: Robust economy, warm climate, cost of living 13% below national average, average home price $139,000 (national average: $207,000). Con: Not very walkable."
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death