ABILENE, Texas - Former Abilene City Council candidate Joseph Cochran, 56, has died.
According to the Abilene Police Department, the preliminary findings into Cochran's death investigation appear to be non-criminal – and no foul play is suspected.
Cochran's body was taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office.
Incumbent Anthony Williams, a council member since 2001, defeated Cochran in the May election.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Shower chances returning from the east