ABILENE, Texas - Former Abilene City Council candidate Joseph Cochran, 56, has died.
According to the Abilene Police Department, the preliminary findings into Cochran's death investigation appear to be non-criminal – and no foul play is suspected.
Cochran's body was taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office.
Incumbent Anthony Williams, a council member since 2001, defeated Cochran in the May election.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account