ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man who sought a seat on the Abilene school board two years ago has died.
Dan Symonds died Sunday evening at his home.
Symonds ran unsuccessfully for a position on the AISD Board of Trustees in 2010.
He worked as a computer technician and most recently was serving as treasurer for the Steve Savage city council campaign.
Symonds was only in his early 50s.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated