ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man who sought a seat on the Abilene school board two years ago has died.
Dan Symonds died Sunday evening at his home.
Symonds ran unsuccessfully for a position on the AISD Board of Trustees in 2010.
He worked as a computer technician and most recently was serving as treasurer for the Steve Savage city council campaign.
Symonds was only in his early 50s.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances