ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man who sought a seat on the Abilene school board two years ago has died.
Dan Symonds died Sunday evening at his home.
Symonds ran unsuccessfully for a position on the AISD Board of Trustees in 2010.
He worked as a computer technician and most recently was serving as treasurer for the Steve Savage city council campaign.
Symonds was only in his early 50s.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store