ANSON, Texas - A former youth pastor in Anson is out of jail and out of a job after police say he had an inappropriate relationship with an underage girl in his youth group.
26 year old Callan Rice is charged with indecency with a child, a second degree felony.
Police say Rice was recently fired by Bethel Assembly in Anson after he was caught meeting privately with the girl who is under the age of 17.
According to incident report, Rice had sexual contact with the girl and has confessed to the crime.
Rice was still listed as the youth pastor on the church's website before being removed from the page Wednesday afternoon. We have reached out to the church for comment and are waiting for a call back from the senior pastor.
Rice's wife is the worship pastor at the same church.
He was taken to the Taylor County Jail Monday and released on $25,000 bond.
- Updated Abilene takes part in Wreaths Across America
- Updated 44 immigrants found inside 2 refrigerated trailers in Texas
- Woman last seen in New Mexico still missing after 35 years
- South Texas county plans new courthouse after Harvey damage
- Father, 4-year-old stepdaughter killed in Eastland fire, 2nd child badly burned
- Update: Abilene police find missing ‘mentally challenged' man
- TxDOT: Hwy 351 at I-20 now 'fully' open to traffic
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson