ANSON, Texas - A former youth pastor in Anson is out of jail and out of a job after police say he had an inappropriate relationship with an underage girl in his youth group.
26 year old Callan Rice is charged with indecency with a child, a second degree felony.
Police say Rice was recently fired by Bethel Assembly in Anson after he was caught meeting privately with the girl who is under the age of 17.
According to incident report, Rice had sexual contact with the girl and has confessed to the crime.
Rice was still listed as the youth pastor on the church's website before being removed from the page Wednesday afternoon. We have reached out to the church for comment and are waiting for a call back from the senior pastor.
Rice's wife is the worship pastor at the same church.
He was taken to the Taylor County Jail Monday and released on $25,000 bond.
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene murder victim's family: Suspect shouldn't have chance to get out
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- KTXS Forecast: Windy afternoon with building storm chances tonight.
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals