ANSON, Texas - A former youth pastor in Anson is out of jail and out of a job after police say he had an inappropriate relationship with an underage girl in his youth group.
26 year old Callan Rice is charged with indecency with a child, a second degree felony.
Police say Rice was recently fired by Bethel Assembly in Anson after he was caught meeting privately with the girl who is under the age of 17.
According to incident report, Rice had sexual contact with the girl and has confessed to the crime.
Rice was still listed as the youth pastor on the church's website before being removed from the page Wednesday afternoon. We have reached out to the church for comment and are waiting for a call back from the senior pastor.
Rice's wife is the worship pastor at the same church.
He was taken to the Taylor County Jail Monday and released on $25,000 bond.
- Former Abilene mayor Norm Archibald named 2017 Citizen of the Year
- Police report: $5,000 embezzled from Abilene youth football organization
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Abilene man, 21, sentenced to 15 years for shooting mother in head
- KTXS Forecast: Increasing rain chances into the weekend ahead of next cold front.
- 21 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- 2 Abilene men indicted for sharing child porn
- Abilene woman arrested after young child tests positive for cocaine, other drugs
- Abilene woman talks about scary moment inside elevator with panhandler
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene woman empowered to share story by #MeToo movement
- Former HPU nursing school dean responds to students' lawsuits
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Brownwood plant manager: No injuries from minor explosion
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation
- Remains found in far West Texas believed to be missing elderly Colorado City woman
- Woodson ISD names new interim superintendent after abrupt resignation