ABILENE, Texas - A former co-owner of the Abilene Gold Exchange is scheduled to stand trial in Taylor County on four counts of allegedly failing to enter tax records.
Charles Camp, 71, was indicted on the state charges in April. He was indicted after police investigated him and his business partner Marcus Cass for allegedly failing to follow Texas law in reporting transactions. Cass was killed after allegedly pulling a gun on officers who were executing a search warrant at the business in December 2012.
Camp's trial is set for Oct. 14 in the 42nd District Court under Judge John Weeks.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend