ABILENE, Texas - A former co-owner of the Abilene Gold Exchange is scheduled to stand trial in Taylor County on four counts of allegedly failing to enter tax records.
Charles Camp, 71, was indicted on the state charges in April. He was indicted after police investigated him and his business partner Marcus Cass for allegedly failing to follow Texas law in reporting transactions. Cass was killed after allegedly pulling a gun on officers who were executing a search warrant at the business in December 2012.
Camp's trial is set for Oct. 14 in the 42nd District Court under Judge John Weeks.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi