ABILENE, Texas - A Fort Worth man was arrested Saturday night in connection to the armed robbery of an Abilene convenience store clerk.
Marvin Walton, 26, was booked into the Taylor County Jail for first degree felony aggravated robbery with bond set at $100,000. According to an arrest report, Walton allegedly admitted to using a handgun to demand money from the clerk.
Police told KTXS Saturday, after they took Walton and four others in for questioning, that the robbery occurred at a 7-Eleven near North 13th and Treadaway Boulevard.
Following a Saturday night armed robbery in north Abilene, five people are in custody for questioning.
Abilene police tell KTXS one of the five was directly involved in the armed robbery, which involved a handgun, of a 7-Eleven convenience store near North 13th and Treadaway Boulevard.
Police said their search for the suspect led them to the Best Budget Inn on South 1st Street where the suspect and four others had checked in.
The group was taken into custody for questioning. No identities have been released at this time and it does not appear anyone was injured in the robbery.
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Fraternity suspends Texas A&M chapter after student's death
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy