ABILENE, Texas - The West Central Texas Center for Economic Opportunity has staff on hand to file tax returns for free.
The program started Jan. 22.
The Center for Economic Opportunity suggests bringing the following items to maximize returns:
- Valid Photo ID (Driver's license, State ID, or Student ID)
- Social Security Cards (all household members)
- All 2012 W-2, 1099 and 1098 forms
- Blank check with routing number and accounting number
- Receipts for charitable gifts, medical expenses (including insurance), college expenses (including books), or child care expenses.
The program is offered Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. On Wednesdays and Fridays, it is open to the public from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Saturday hours of operation are 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The Center for Economic Opportunity is located in downtown Abilene at 1102 North 3rd Street.
Appointments are recommended, but not necessary. To schedule an appointment, call 325-672-8980.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident