Burrito lovers rejoice! KTXS is first to share that Freebirds is working on opening a restaurant in Abilene.
Freebirds is a build-your-own burrito restaurant that opened one of its first stores in College Station. Since 1987, it has spread across mostly Texas and California.
We've been in touch with company representatives since the summer, and they can now confirm they're looking for the best site and hope to be able to share Freebirds within the Abilene community next year.
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event