ABILENE, Texas - A smile that lit up a room. A laugh that would make anyone giggle. Gone.
Friends and family of a 2013 Wylie High School graduate are dealing with a devastating loss.
Morgan Lee was only 20 years old on Wednesday when she died as a result of injuries from an officer-involved car wreck in Lubbock.
"We went right to Lubbock and we thought there was still hope and we thought she could pull through, but just the whole wait of driving there and not knowing was the worst feeling in the world," said Hatti Puckett, one of Morgan's childhood friends.
"I didn't even really worry about it because it's Morgan, like she's gonna be fine and then whenever I found out she wasn't it was just like. It was heartbreaking," said Jourdan Webb, another friend of Morgan's.
Her friends only have their memories now.
"She really was like the life of the party anywhere she went," Webb said.
"I could remember her whipping her hair back and forth, always, because she had the longest hair and it was always perfectly straight," said Hannah McCain, another of Morgan's friends.
Even through their pain, friends said they breathe easier knowing Morgan was the happiest she had been and about to start a new chapter in life: starting school at Texas Tech University.
"Instead of focusing on what she's lost, she went out on such a high note and everyone loves her and I mean, she went out happy," Webb said.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade