ABILENE, Texas - A smile that lit up a room. A laugh that would make anyone giggle. Gone.
Friends and family of a 2013 Wylie High School graduate are dealing with a devastating loss.
Morgan Lee was only 20 years old on Wednesday when she died as a result of injuries from an officer-involved car wreck in Lubbock.
"We went right to Lubbock and we thought there was still hope and we thought she could pull through, but just the whole wait of driving there and not knowing was the worst feeling in the world," said Hatti Puckett, one of Morgan's childhood friends.
"I didn't even really worry about it because it's Morgan, like she's gonna be fine and then whenever I found out she wasn't it was just like. It was heartbreaking," said Jourdan Webb, another friend of Morgan's.
Her friends only have their memories now.
"She really was like the life of the party anywhere she went," Webb said.
"I could remember her whipping her hair back and forth, always, because she had the longest hair and it was always perfectly straight," said Hannah McCain, another of Morgan's friends.
Even through their pain, friends said they breathe easier knowing Morgan was the happiest she had been and about to start a new chapter in life: starting school at Texas Tech University.
"Instead of focusing on what she's lost, she went out on such a high note and everyone loves her and I mean, she went out happy," Webb said.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer