ABILENE, Texas - The Friends of the Library book sale is open to the public through Sunday at the Abilene Civic Center.
More than 90,000 items were collected for sale this year. Books aren't the only things sold. Also on sale are DVDs, CDs and magazines.
Since the first day they have already beat last year's record. The sale continues from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
On Sunday, a'Bag-o-books' sale will be held. For $6.00 you can fill up a bag to take home. If you're feeling overwhelmed taking your books to your car, the Boy Scouts will be there to assist you.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck