ABILENE, Texas - The Friends of the Library book sale is open to the public through Sunday at the Abilene Civic Center.
More than 90,000 items were collected for sale this year. Books aren't the only things sold. Also on sale are DVDs, CDs and magazines.
Since the first day they have already beat last year's record. The sale continues from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
On Sunday, a'Bag-o-books' sale will be held. For $6.00 you can fill up a bag to take home. If you're feeling overwhelmed taking your books to your car, the Boy Scouts will be there to assist you.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot