ABILENE, Texas - A new $2 million dollar exhibit was unveiled Saturday at "Frontier Texas." The museum opened eight years ago but just underwent a makeover.
A festival was held to celebrate Texas Independence Day and to cut the ribbon for the remodel of the museum.
It has been closed since January 1, 2013 while crews worked on the "Blood and Treasure on the Frontier" exhibit.
The new exhibit was free for the day to all Boy Scouts and adult leaders in uniform.
The admission to the new exhibit is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors, $5 for students and teachers and $4 for children age 3-12 years old. Admission is free for ages 2 and under.
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring