ABILENE, Texas - A local fuel provider – Alon Brands – gave away a new Ford Escape on Wednesday to Abilene's Alliance for Women & Children.
The donations are part of the company's new "Cause for Cars" program.
Today's gift was the first of four in the company's yearlong Clean 13 program, which gives Alon consumer the chance to enter and vote for deserving community champions to win vehicles.
The Alliance for Women & Children has supported women and their families since 1920.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon