ABILENE, Texas - A local fuel provider – Alon Brands – gave away a new Ford Escape on Wednesday to Abilene's Alliance for Women & Children.
The donations are part of the company's new "Cause for Cars" program.
Today's gift was the first of four in the company's yearlong Clean 13 program, which gives Alon consumer the chance to enter and vote for deserving community champions to win vehicles.
The Alliance for Women & Children has supported women and their families since 1920.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store