ABILENE, Texas - Southern Little League organizers hosted their first 'Fun Day' fundraiser Saturday.
Participants were able to to play baseball and enjoy food, drinks, auctions and raffles along with their coaches and parents. The money collected will go toward purchasing field maintenance equipment and paying umpires for each game.
Organizers said they hope to plan another fundraiser in the future so the children can continue to fund their passion for baseball in a fun, family-friendly environment.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances