ABILENE, Texas - Funeral services are pending for former Taylor County constable John Howard.
Howard died Saturday in Dallas. Howard worked in law enforcement in Taylor County for 22-years. He retired as constable in 2011.
John had been living in McKinney to be closer to his children.
A visitation is set for Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Hamill Family Funeral Home.
Funeral services will be held Thursday at 2 p.m. at Beltway Park Baptist Church.
Howard was 76.
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children