ABILENE, Texas - Funeral services are pending for former Taylor County constable John Howard.
Howard died Saturday in Dallas. Howard worked in law enforcement in Taylor County for 22-years. He retired as constable in 2011.
John had been living in McKinney to be closer to his children.
A visitation is set for Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Hamill Family Funeral Home.
Funeral services will be held Thursday at 2 p.m. at Beltway Park Baptist Church.
Howard was 76.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic