ABILENE, Texas - Funeral services are pending for former Taylor County constable John Howard.
Howard died Saturday in Dallas. Howard worked in law enforcement in Taylor County for 22-years. He retired as constable in 2011.
John had been living in McKinney to be closer to his children.
A visitation is set for Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Hamill Family Funeral Home.
Funeral services will be held Thursday at 2 p.m. at Beltway Park Baptist Church.
Howard was 76.
- Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits