ABILENE, Texas - The United States Postal Service could stop Saturday mail delivery, but the Abilene Processing Centers fate is still unknown.
A USPS spokesperson said the mail processing center in Abilene, which was scheduled to close this year, is still operating.
Originally on the chopping block for 2013, the postal service said no changes have been announced at this time.
The Abilene center handles overnight shipping to San Angelo and two-day shipping to Fort Worth and Lubbock.
The processing center employs about 150 workers.
- Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading