ABILENE, Texas - The United States Postal Service could stop Saturday mail delivery, but the Abilene Processing Centers fate is still unknown.
A USPS spokesperson said the mail processing center in Abilene, which was scheduled to close this year, is still operating.
Originally on the chopping block for 2013, the postal service said no changes have been announced at this time.
The Abilene center handles overnight shipping to San Angelo and two-day shipping to Fort Worth and Lubbock.
The processing center employs about 150 workers.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon