ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene State Supported Living Center could be one of six ordered to close its doors.
According to a report on the Department of Aging and Disability Services, the lack of residents and the rising costs could mean the Abilene care center has to close.
In the report, six living centers are set to be closed by 2022.
If you would like to contest or support the plan, leave a comment on the Texas Sunset Advisory Commission website. You can also mail in your concerns to Sunset Commission, P.O. Box 13066, Austin, TX 78711. The deadline to send a comment is on Monday.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017