The U.S. Small Business Administration has named Abilene businessman Samuel Garcia their 2013 Minority Small Business Champion of the Year for the West Texas District.
Garcia owns a State Farm insurance agency.
The SBA said Garcia is being honored for his outstanding contribution to the Abilene small business community and as a tribute to his dedication and hard work.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth