ABILENE, Texas - Former Abilene Mayor Gary McCaleb was honored Monday for his many years of service to the community and to Abilene Christian University.
McCaleb has been with ACU, in some capacity, for 50 years.
He also served three terms as Abilene mayor. The Monday luncheon was baseball themed because McCaleb was instrumental in bringing baseball back as a sport to ACU in 1991 after an 11-year absence.
McCaleb isn't retiring. Monday's luncheon was just recognition of his milestone with the university and his long tenure of service to the Abilene community.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget