ABILENE, Texas - Former Abilene Mayor Gary McCaleb was honored Monday for his many years of service to the community and to Abilene Christian University.
McCaleb has been with ACU, in some capacity, for 50 years.
He also served three terms as Abilene mayor. The Monday luncheon was baseball themed because McCaleb was instrumental in bringing baseball back as a sport to ACU in 1991 after an 11-year absence.
McCaleb isn't retiring. Monday's luncheon was just recognition of his milestone with the university and his long tenure of service to the Abilene community.
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested