ABILENE, Texas - Former Abilene Mayor Gary McCaleb was honored Monday for his many years of service to the community and to Abilene Christian University.
McCaleb has been with ACU, in some capacity, for 50 years.
He also served three terms as Abilene mayor. The Monday luncheon was baseball themed because McCaleb was instrumental in bringing baseball back as a sport to ACU in 1991 after an 11-year absence.
McCaleb isn't retiring. Monday's luncheon was just recognition of his milestone with the university and his long tenure of service to the Abilene community.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field