ABILENE, Texas - Gas prices around Abilene Thursday were about $3.69 per gallon.
Retail gasoline prices across the state have jumped 21 cents in the past week as U.S. refineries prepare to switch to a more expensive summer-blend gas.
The state average for gas is $3.64 per gallon for regular.
The nationwide average price of gasoline rose 15 cents this week. It's now at $3.78 per gallon.
AAA said the updated gasoline blend is expected to reach markets in a couple of weeks but until then prices at the pump could continue to rise.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated