ABILENE, Texas - Gas prices around Abilene Thursday were about $3.69 per gallon.
Retail gasoline prices across the state have jumped 21 cents in the past week as U.S. refineries prepare to switch to a more expensive summer-blend gas.
The state average for gas is $3.64 per gallon for regular.
The nationwide average price of gasoline rose 15 cents this week. It's now at $3.78 per gallon.
AAA said the updated gasoline blend is expected to reach markets in a couple of weeks but until then prices at the pump could continue to rise.
- Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog