ABILENE, Texas - Therapy dog certification testing will be held at Abilene Regional Medical Center Saturday.
The pet therapy evaluation session will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the ARMC Education Building located at 6140 Regional Plaza. The session includes a performance test for pets and handlers. According to a hospital flyer, the testing session is the only one currently scheduled in the area this year.
"You're very vulnerable in the hospital and one thing you are too sometimes is lonely and scared," Therapy Dogs International Evaluator Linda Sikes said.
"It's amazing how dogs that cannot tell secrets hear so many things from the patients," TDI Evaluator Sue Wheeler said.
Participants must pre-register and agree to bring a buckle collar, a leash no longer than 6' (not a Flexi leash), a rabies certificate and a $5 testing fee. Toys and treats are not allowed and a description of the test must be read beforehand.
For additional information, email Lisa Peterson at email@example.com or call (325) 677-1013.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store